Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Umbrella #3: A Candle Burner

    Fresh pine, cinnamon strudel, razzleberry delight...whatever the scent, we all enjoy entrances filled with comfy-cozy smells that seem to relax the mind and give the slightest urge to curl up on the nearest couch. Especially for someone like me, and undoubtedly my sister Richelle, good smells are important! Thanks to a lucky draw in my family's white elephant exchange this year, I became the proud owner of a candle lighter and an autumn-scented candle (kudos to my sister, Natalie, for selecting such a gift...not so white elephant to me). A couple of evenings ago, as I watched the autumn flame flicker and enjoyed the pleasant aroma of fall leaves, I glanced at Luke and said,
  "Someday, I want to be a candle burner. You know, the kind of person, who every time you walk into their home you just want to stay forever because it smells so GOOD."

  His next words made my night, possibly my week.

 "Honey, you are. Look, it is already done. You are a candle burner."

And he was and is right...so right! I don't have to wait until later life to fulfill this little dream. So with pure joy and happiness that I am adding to the pleasant scents of this world, and creating an inviting smell-good home (or apartment ;) ), I officially announce:  I AM A CANDLE BURNER!!
An old picture, but let's be honest here:
I am pretty ecstatic with that candle!
I think this dream was meant to be realized sooner or later :)

Go and realize one of your simple dreams today...


                                                                     Happy Umbrellaz!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful analogy--and really Brittany, you're an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete